More funds may not mean better forest conservation
PREMIUM President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is away to attend the Oslo Climate and Forestry Conference (May 26-27). The discussion on the Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD) Plus scheme will be dominating the meeting. Indonesia is hoping this conference will clarify aspects of the REDD scheme, especially the international community’s commitment to support REDD implementation. Pre...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry