Bekasi NU and PKS back sharia law
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Local branches of mainstream Muslim organizations have supported the recent demand to instate sharia law in Bekasi, regardless of negative responses from the public.Deputy secretary for the Bekasi branch of Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), Abdul Mutholib Jaelani, told The Jakarta Post on Monday that the organization was actively involved in a recent Islamic congress as well as other efforts to thwart the spr...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report