RI, US team find volcano, sea creatures near Sulawesi
Mustaqim Adamrah and Mathew MacLachlan
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian and American scientists on a joint expedition to explore the ocean depths near the Sangihe-Talaud Islands of North Sulawesi have discovered an undersea volcano and several new deep-sea creatures.
“We’ve found three mount-like structures in addition to one volcano,” said Sugiarta Wirasantosa, the expedition’s Indonesian science team coordinator.
The volcano showed ...
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies