RI, US team find volcano, sea creatures near Sulawesi
Mustaqim Adamrah and Mathew MacLachlan
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian and American scientists on a joint expedition to explore the ocean depths near the Sangihe-Talaud Islands of North Sulawesi have discovered an undersea volcano and several new deep-sea creatures.
“We’ve found three mount-like structures in addition to one volcano,” said Sugiarta Wirasantosa, the expedition’s Indonesian science team coordinator.
The volcano showed ...
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- A L'Oreal heiress is now the world's richest woman
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan