RI, US team find volcano, sea creatures near Sulawesi
Mustaqim Adamrah and Mathew MacLachlan
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian and American scientists on a joint expedition to explore the ocean depths near the Sangihe-Talaud Islands of North Sulawesi have discovered an undersea volcano and several new deep-sea creatures.
“We’ve found three mount-like structures in addition to one volcano,” said Sugiarta Wirasantosa, the expedition’s Indonesian science team coordinator.
The volcano showed ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime