Expert calls for math teaching revamp
The Jakarta Post
With math the subject most Indonesian students dislike the most in school, Indonesia should change its teaching methods to better engage students, an expert says.
Iwan Pranoto, associate professor in the math and natural sciences department at the Bandung Institute of Technology, said Indonesian teachers were focusing more on memorizing and counting, which required less skill.
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president