Expert calls for math teaching revamp
The Jakarta Post
With math the subject most Indonesian students dislike the most in school, Indonesia should change its teaching methods to better engage students, an expert says.
Iwan Pranoto, associate professor in the math and natural sciences department at the Bandung Institute of Technology, said Indonesian teachers were focusing more on memorizing and counting, which required less skill.
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba