Expert calls for math teaching revamp
The Jakarta Post
With math the subject most Indonesian students dislike the most in school, Indonesia should change its teaching methods to better engage students, an expert says.
Iwan Pranoto, associate professor in the math and natural sciences department at the Bandung Institute of Technology, said Indonesian teachers were focusing more on memorizing and counting, which required less skill.
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Suspected terrorist in Bandung captured alive