Expert calls for math teaching revamp
The Jakarta Post
With math the subject most Indonesian students dislike the most in school, Indonesia should change its teaching methods to better engage students, an expert says.
Iwan Pranoto, associate professor in the math and natural sciences department at the Bandung Institute of Technology, said Indonesian teachers were focusing more on memorizing and counting, which required less skill.
- Ahok’s loss may lead to Cabinet shake-up
- EA leaks more info on upcoming ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’
- Exhibition to showcase Indonesian cultural heritage for UNESCO list opened
- INSIGHT: Plight of international refugees
- City Hall adorned with wreaths thanking Ahok-Djarot
- Indonesian delegation to embark on series of high-impact visits this week
- BTS wins 9th Shorty Awards
- New business model of fintech-banks set to boost digital economy
- Lee Min-ho opens up on enlistment
- Jokowi uses social media to engage young Indonesians