Brazil takes cautious steps on REDD
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Forest issues have taken the stage in the ongoing climate change talks in Cancun, Mexico. The conference is expected to develop an agreement on REDD (reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation) that will become the legal basis for forested nations to implement the plan for emission reductions in order to mitigate global warming. The Jakarta Post’s Adianto P. Simamora interviewe...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined