Memet Chairul Slamet: Music is in his blood
Courtesy of Memet Chairul SlametFifty-three-year-old Memet Chairul Slamet is founder and leader of the Yogyakarta music group known as Gangsadewa.
He composes most of their music, which could be described as alternative or experimental.
Memet’s grandfather was a musician at the kraton of Madura. His father played kroncong music, and he learned a lot about music and how to play th...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein