Memet Chairul Slamet: Music is in his blood
Courtesy of Memet Chairul SlametFifty-three-year-old Memet Chairul Slamet is founder and leader of the Yogyakarta music group known as Gangsadewa.
He composes most of their music, which could be described as alternative or experimental.
Memet’s grandfather was a musician at the kraton of Madura. His father played kroncong music, and he learned a lot about music and how to play th...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries