Is Jero the wrong man in the wrong place?
Rangga D. Fadillah
The Jakarta Post
Jero Wacik (JP)Personal allegiance may have been the main grounds for appointing the Culture and Tourism Minister Jero Wacik as the new energy and mineral resources minister, despite President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s claim that “the right men in the right place” was his reshuffle policy.
Amid messy regulatory infrastructure in the oil, gas and mining sector, Jero’s appointment is...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse