Row looms over half-hearted FTA
The Jakarta Post
A free trade agreement (FTA) inked by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Australia and New Zealand is supposedly a deal without any restrictions.
But the Indonesian government vowed on Tuesday to remain protective of local markets to ensure they remain competitive amid the full implementation of the deal that will see import tariffs slashed to zero.
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018