Row looms over half-hearted FTA
The Jakarta Post
A free trade agreement (FTA) inked by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Australia and New Zealand is supposedly a deal without any restrictions.
But the Indonesian government vowed on Tuesday to remain protective of local markets to ensure they remain competitive amid the full implementation of the deal that will see import tariffs slashed to zero.
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open