Networking for a cleaner, healthier environment
Harum Sekartaji and Fergus Jensen
Banking on it: Albertus Ariyanto Nugroho poses near a successful project in Bener, Yogyakarta, managing household organic farming. JP/Harum SekartajiThe community in Bener subdistrict, Yogyakarta, has been conducting and promoting environmentally friendly activities since 2007, with Atik Soekarno and Novi Ariani as the main motivators.
The community manages household waste through a garbage...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'