UGM takes heat from ban on ‘Islam reformist’
The Jakarta Post
Gadjah Mada University (UGM) is taking the heat for its decision to ban Canadian liberal Muslim activist Irshad Manji from speaking at a discussion organized by the university’s Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS).
The UGM rector was reported to have decided on the ban the night before Manji was expected to give a talk, citing security reasons, a decision which was met ...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Jokowi wants detailed redenomination plans: Sri Mulyani