UGM takes heat from ban on ‘Islam reformist’
The Jakarta Post
Gadjah Mada University (UGM) is taking the heat for its decision to ban Canadian liberal Muslim activist Irshad Manji from speaking at a discussion organized by the university’s Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS).
The UGM rector was reported to have decided on the ban the night before Manji was expected to give a talk, citing security reasons, a decision which was met ...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister