Violence returns to Maluku during tribute to hero
The Jakarta Post
Violence erupted during a torch procession to honor national hero Thomas “Pattimura” Matulessy, leaving at least 51 injured and dozens of vehicles and houses burned in Ambon, Maluku.
The incident evoked bitter memories of the sectarian clashes of 1999–2002, which saw thousands killed in the region and left hundreds of thousands more displaced.
Minor clashes have since haunted t...
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move