Violence returns to Maluku during tribute to hero
The Jakarta Post
Violence erupted during a torch procession to honor national hero Thomas “Pattimura” Matulessy, leaving at least 51 injured and dozens of vehicles and houses burned in Ambon, Maluku.
The incident evoked bitter memories of the sectarian clashes of 1999–2002, which saw thousands killed in the region and left hundreds of thousands more displaced.
Minor clashes have since haunted t...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Experts weigh in on the right amount of sleep