Weekly 5: What’s in a name, Jakarta?
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ricky Yudhistira “What’s in a name?” Shakespeare said. Or, as a Javanese incarnation of the Bard might say, Jakarta by any other name would have traffic just as horrendous.
Dubbed one of the nation’s distinctive cities, Jakarta boasts areas with names that are as unique as the metropolis. Even dyed-in-the-wool Jakartans might be clueless as to how — or why — residents found ...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage