Weekly 5: What’s in a name, Jakarta?
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ricky Yudhistira “What’s in a name?” Shakespeare said. Or, as a Javanese incarnation of the Bard might say, Jakarta by any other name would have traffic just as horrendous.
Dubbed one of the nation’s distinctive cities, Jakarta boasts areas with names that are as unique as the metropolis. Even dyed-in-the-wool Jakartans might be clueless as to how — or why — residents found ...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Xi gets 100% of votes for new term as key ally named VP