Weekly 5: What’s in a name, Jakarta?
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ricky Yudhistira “What’s in a name?” Shakespeare said. Or, as a Javanese incarnation of the Bard might say, Jakarta by any other name would have traffic just as horrendous.
Dubbed one of the nation’s distinctive cities, Jakarta boasts areas with names that are as unique as the metropolis. Even dyed-in-the-wool Jakartans might be clueless as to how — or why — residents found ...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president