Weekly 5: What’s in a name, Jakarta?
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ricky Yudhistira “What’s in a name?” Shakespeare said. Or, as a Javanese incarnation of the Bard might say, Jakarta by any other name would have traffic just as horrendous.
Dubbed one of the nation’s distinctive cities, Jakarta boasts areas with names that are as unique as the metropolis. Even dyed-in-the-wool Jakartans might be clueless as to how — or why — residents found ...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017