Weekly 5: What’s in a name, Jakarta?
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ricky Yudhistira “What’s in a name?” Shakespeare said. Or, as a Javanese incarnation of the Bard might say, Jakarta by any other name would have traffic just as horrendous.
Dubbed one of the nation’s distinctive cities, Jakarta boasts areas with names that are as unique as the metropolis. Even dyed-in-the-wool Jakartans might be clueless as to how — or why — residents found ...
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island
- Oscars - and other award shows - are still #sowhite