Weekly 5: What’s in a name, Jakarta?
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ricky Yudhistira “What’s in a name?” Shakespeare said. Or, as a Javanese incarnation of the Bard might say, Jakarta by any other name would have traffic just as horrendous.
Dubbed one of the nation’s distinctive cities, Jakarta boasts areas with names that are as unique as the metropolis. Even dyed-in-the-wool Jakartans might be clueless as to how — or why — residents found ...
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Electricity rates will not rise until December: Govt
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker
- KPK hands over dossier on Miryam to prosecutors
- Unilever inaugurates Rp 1.34 trillion office building