New ‘habib’ on the block
Hasyim Widhiarto and Fikri Zaki Muhammadi
The Jakarta Post
Majelis RasulullahClaiming to currently manage more than 50,000 loyal followers, Majelis Rasulullah is possibly the largest Islamic prayer group in Jakarta.
Starting out by doing door-to-door Koran recitals in 1998, the group, founded by Yemen-educated cleric Munzir Almusawa, only took a few years to attract thousands of loyal sermon participants and to become one of the most influential I...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia