New ‘habib’ on the block
Hasyim Widhiarto and Fikri Zaki Muhammadi
The Jakarta Post
Majelis RasulullahClaiming to currently manage more than 50,000 loyal followers, Majelis Rasulullah is possibly the largest Islamic prayer group in Jakarta.
Starting out by doing door-to-door Koran recitals in 1998, the group, founded by Yemen-educated cleric Munzir Almusawa, only took a few years to attract thousands of loyal sermon participants and to become one of the most influential I...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research
- Detainee escapes with prisoner van in Depok
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance