Illegal logging blamed for North Sumatra flooding
The Jakarta Post
Uncontrolled illegal logging has been blamed for the flash floods in Pematang Siantar and Tapanuli Tengah, North Sumatra that have caused thousands of residents to flee their homes, some of which were submerged by floodwater 5 meters high.
Tapanuli Tengah Regent Raja Bonaran Situmeang said heavy downpours had caused the Sipan Sipahoras dam to overflow.
Situmeang said the Sipan Sipa...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash