Editorial: No-show Olympics
The Jakarta Post
Thanks to public broadcaster TVRI and YouTube, the global social media site that will be providing free live streaming, millions of Indonesian sports enthusiasts will have unlimited access to the medal race at the 30th Olympic Games in London, which kicks off tonight.
But why is this the case when TVRI relies solely on the state budget for its funding due to an advertisement ban, and YouTub...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter