SAGIO: Striving to preserve wayang
The Jakarta Post
Sagio, 60, is one of only a few Yogyakarta-style wayang kulit (leather shadow puppet) craftsmen who has managed to survive difficult times.
Learning about shadow puppet craftsmanship from his father, Jaya Perwita, beginning at age 11, Sagio has nurtured a deep love of wayang throughout his life.
“It’s wayang that has enabled me to tour the world to introduce the Indonesian art. ...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction