SAGIO: Striving to preserve wayang
The Jakarta Post
Sagio, 60, is one of only a few Yogyakarta-style wayang kulit (leather shadow puppet) craftsmen who has managed to survive difficult times.
Learning about shadow puppet craftsmanship from his father, Jaya Perwita, beginning at age 11, Sagio has nurtured a deep love of wayang throughout his life.
“It’s wayang that has enabled me to tour the world to introduce the Indonesian art. ...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings