SAGIO: Striving to preserve wayang
The Jakarta Post
Sagio, 60, is one of only a few Yogyakarta-style wayang kulit (leather shadow puppet) craftsmen who has managed to survive difficult times.
Learning about shadow puppet craftsmanship from his father, Jaya Perwita, beginning at age 11, Sagio has nurtured a deep love of wayang throughout his life.
“It’s wayang that has enabled me to tour the world to introduce the Indonesian art. ...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official