Injured Olympian Eko remains too strong for opponents at PON
The Jakarta Post
London Olympian Eko Yuli Irawan tried to stay calm as he readied himself for his third attempt at 167 kilograms in the clean and jerk at the National Games (PON) on Wednesday.
He failed. Given the fact that his previous lift of 165 kilograms at the second attempt was insurmountable, he was still assured of gold.
Still battling a shin injury sustained at the 2011 SEA Games, his run t...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'