Injured Olympian Eko remains too strong for opponents at PON
The Jakarta Post
London Olympian Eko Yuli Irawan tried to stay calm as he readied himself for his third attempt at 167 kilograms in the clean and jerk at the National Games (PON) on Wednesday.
He failed. Given the fact that his previous lift of 165 kilograms at the second attempt was insurmountable, he was still assured of gold.
Still battling a shin injury sustained at the 2011 SEA Games, his run t...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined