SBY to ask the world to ban blasphemy
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Amid massive protests condemning the distribution of an anti-Muslim film, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said on Tuesday he plans to propose an international protocol banning blasphemy against religious symbols.Yudhoyono held a plenary Cabinet meeting to discuss fallout of the circulation of the video Innocence of Muslims over the internet.“I wish Foreign Minister [Marty Natalegawa] could pr...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings