Martabe gold mine in jeopardy over waste dispute
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
PT Agincourt Resources, a subsidiary of the Hong Kong-listed gold producer G-Resources Group Ltd., has announced that it would temporarily stop the operation of its Martabe gold mine in North Sumatra following an ongoing dispute with local residents over the firm’s waste management.
G-Resources president director Peter Geoffrey said the protracted row over the installation of liquid wast...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'