Transformer explosion causes major blackout in S. Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
A power transformer at the Tello steam power plant in Makassar, South Sulawesi, blew up and caught fire at around 11 p.m. local time on Wednesday, causing a major blackout and leaving 90 percent of the province in complete darkness.
As of Thursday noon, several regions in South Sulawesi, including a number of places in Makassar, were still affected by the blackout.
State power compa...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares