Transformer explosion causes major blackout in S. Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
A power transformer at the Tello steam power plant in Makassar, South Sulawesi, blew up and caught fire at around 11 p.m. local time on Wednesday, causing a major blackout and leaving 90 percent of the province in complete darkness.
As of Thursday noon, several regions in South Sulawesi, including a number of places in Makassar, were still affected by the blackout.
State power compa...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats