Transformer explosion causes major blackout in S. Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
A power transformer at the Tello steam power plant in Makassar, South Sulawesi, blew up and caught fire at around 11 p.m. local time on Wednesday, causing a major blackout and leaving 90 percent of the province in complete darkness.
As of Thursday noon, several regions in South Sulawesi, including a number of places in Makassar, were still affected by the blackout.
State power compa...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Islamist groups to rally against Anies for 'turning his back' on Rizieq
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam