Transformer explosion causes major blackout in S. Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
A power transformer at the Tello steam power plant in Makassar, South Sulawesi, blew up and caught fire at around 11 p.m. local time on Wednesday, causing a major blackout and leaving 90 percent of the province in complete darkness.
As of Thursday noon, several regions in South Sulawesi, including a number of places in Makassar, were still affected by the blackout.
State power compa...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Macron in Russia for high
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Costly holiday