Violence expands to Central Lampung
Oyos Saroso H.N.
The Jakarta Post
Violence broke out again in Lampung province on Thursday afternoon, when hundreds of residents from Buyut Udik village in Gunung Sugih district, Central Lampung regency, attacked Kesumadadi village in Bekri district.
Brandishing daggers and other sharp weapons, the angry mob, consisting mostly of indigenous Lampung people, set several houses on fire in the village, which is inhabited by tra...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Thousands of online ‘ojek’ drivers stage rally, demand better pay, partnerships
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run