Religious affairs office tells schools to close
The Jakarta Post
The Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, East Java, has finally recommended the closure of six Catholic schools for refusing to provide Islamic teaching for their Muslim students.
Office head, Imam Mukhlis, said his office had recommended Blitar Mayor Samanhudi Anwar take legal action based on existing regulations against the schools.
“We made the recommendation after t...
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire