Malaysia beats Indonesia in new oil and gas discovery
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
Malaysia surpassed Indonesia as the key player in the upstream hydrocarbon industry in Southeast Asia last year, as Indonesia struggles to encourage new investments in the sector amid the nation’s dwindling oil production.
Research by the Wood Mackenzie Group showed Indonesia, the former sole Southeast Asia member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), onl...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Riau Islands Police beefed up to 12,000 to anticipate South China Sea tension
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Indonesian Military to build naval base in Papua
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi
- Restaurant presents live penguins as part of conservation program
- China’s investment reaches US$1.6 billion in Indonesia
- Protesters make their mark on Trump's inauguration