Malaysia beats Indonesia in new oil and gas discovery
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
Malaysia surpassed Indonesia as the key player in the upstream hydrocarbon industry in Southeast Asia last year, as Indonesia struggles to encourage new investments in the sector amid the nation’s dwindling oil production.
Research by the Wood Mackenzie Group showed Indonesia, the former sole Southeast Asia member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), onl...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism