Parents find alternatives for Down children’s education
The Jakarta Post
Center stage: Star Band performs during the commemoration of World Down Syndrome Day at Bung Karno Stadium in Central Jakarta on Sunday. JP/Wendra AjistyatamaEndang Nilawati had only one thing on her mind when she enrolled her Down syndrome child in a music school.
“I just want my child to be happy,” she said over the weekend.
Banu Catur Priambodo, 21, is now a famous drummer in...
- ANZAC Day commemorated in Bali
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Cruise control: 'M:I6' star shines as Paramount, Universal wow CinemaCon
- Commoners who have married into royal families
- Nigeria's army wants to make Boko Haram's forest stronghold a tourism spot
- Vice President inaugurates Kompas' new tower
- Critically endangered Javan Rhino dies in Indonesia
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Profits up at Facebook, no impact from privacy scandal