Irfan 'Samsons' Getting creative in Mount Titlis
The Jakarta Post
Irfan Aulia Irsal ' a guitarist for music band Samsons ' and his three band mates are in search of new lead vocalist following the resignation of former front man Bambang 'Bams' Reguna Bukit.
Formed in 2006, the band produced several popular songs, such as 'Naluri Lelaki' (Male Instinct) and 'Kenangan Terindah' (Sweetest Memory).
'Bams quit Samsons because he found it difficult to commit to the band amid his other activities.
Now we're focusing on finding a new lead vocalist.
It's easy to find good looking men with great vocals, but finding the most suitable one for our music is really hard. First, we have to develop chemistry, and that takes time.
Our search is based on recommendation; we're not doing it openly since we think it'd be easier for us to do it this way. It is hard to choose when you get too many options.
While Samsons is in a hiatus, I'm busy managing my own company while the other band members are involved in behind-the-scene projects, like making jingles for corporations. Besides music, I'm also doing other things within my company, including determining an appropriate business strategy. I have degrees in French literature and information technology and then took economics for my master degree, but now I am a musician.
In my spare time, I enjoy regular activities like going to the movies, eating and hanging out. The most recent movie I watched was Man of Steel.
Back in our touring days [for concerts or promoting albums], I assembled die-cast toys, like Gundam, as a hobby, but I no longer do that due to my current activities.
When you're on tour, you have a lot of downtime and assembling die-cast models is great.
I'm simply a travel lover. My favorite destination is Europe, especially Mount Titlis in Switzerland. The place is effortlessly beautiful ' it's like nowhere else.
Going to great places like Mount Titlis helps boost my creativity. In creating music, you need a moment to contemplate, and Mount Titlis plays a huge part in that.'
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes