Bloody day in south Thailand: 2 killed in Pattani, 5 injured in Narathiwat
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A man and a woman were gunned down on Monday in broad daylight while shopping in a market in Pattani's Nong Chik district.
The victims, who were killed in separate attacks, were identified as Thoom Lekpetch, 49 of Nong Chik and Klong Boonkarn, 45, of Songkhla's Na Mom district. Thoom was shot three times in the back while Klong was shot five times in the head and body.
Initial police investigation showed that Thoom was shopping for food in the market when a man who had been following her fired at her from the back. He continued shooting even after she fell than fled the scene.
At almost the same time, a group of assailants opened fire at Klong who was on a motorcycle waiting for his stepfather. They continued shooting after he had fallen to the ground.
Meanwhile five rangers were wounded when a bomb exploded inside a school in Narathiwat's Joh I Rong district.
The investigative team found a hole in Ban Ju Woh School's front wall. About 10 bicycles belonging to students were also damaged.
According to the police report, the unit of 12 rangers had retreated to a pavilion near the front wall after checking security inside the school when the bomb went off. All suffered shrapnel wounds.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky