Transjakarta buses to serve Bekasi, Depok starting Monday
The Jakarta Post
The capital’s Transjakarta bus service will be extended to include connections to the satellite cities of Bekasi and Depok in West Java starting on Monday.
Forty buses will ply the Jakarta-Bekasi route, while 30 will serve Depok in the early stage of the operation, Jakarta Transportation Office head Andro Yansyah said on Sunday.
The operation will concentrate on rush hours from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the morning and 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the evening. Only a third of the buses will be in operation outside of those times.
"There will be 20 buses connecting Jakarta with East Bekasi and another 20 with West Bekasi, while for Depok, there is only one route," he said as quoted by news portal kompas.com on Sunday.
The service aims to alleviate congestion woes for commuters traveling between Jakarta and the two cities. It is part of a wider program to address public transportation shortages in the Greater Jakarta area, with 600 buses plotted to serve Bogor, Depok, Tangerang and Bekasi. The initial phase of implementation will see 200 buses in operation by the Transportation Ministry.
Passengers would be charged Rp 3,500 (27 US cents) to reach the capital city from their respective satellite cities, except, perhaps for the longer Bogor route, for which the fare was still under discussion, Andri said. (rin)
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...