Papua searches for new council members
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM As the tenure of the second batch of the Papuan People’s Assembly (MRP) ended last month, the nation’s eastern-most region is due to select new members to sit at the special council. The selection, however, has been put on hold until the selection process for the Papuan People’s Representatives’ Council (DPRP), also designed to accommodate the region’s special autonomy status, is complet...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2