Papua searches for new council members
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM As the tenure of the second batch of the Papuan People’s Assembly (MRP) ended last month, the nation’s eastern-most region is due to select new members to sit at the special council. The selection, however, has been put on hold until the selection process for the Papuan People’s Representatives’ Council (DPRP), also designed to accommodate the region’s special autonomy status, is complet...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry