Indonesian ambassador to Croatia Alex Litaay passes away
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Ambassador to Croatia Alexander Litaay passed away in Zagreb on Sunday afternoon local time after having a heart attack.
“I received the news on the passing of Bung Lex from Usi Poppy [Litaay’s wife],” said Roery Moenandar, his brother-in-law, as quoted by Antara news agency on Sunday evening.
According to Moenandar, Litaay attended Sunday morning services at a local church. Upon his return home, he complained of chest pain and was taken to a nearby hospital. A Foreign Ministry release said Litaay died from a heart attack.
In the release on Sunday evening, Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi extended her condolences to Litaay’s family.
"Bapak Alexander Litaay started his service in Croatia early March this year. He had a strong motivation to contribute to the betterment of bilateral ties between Indonesia and Croatia,” Retno said.
Born in Ambon on Oct. 1, 1948, he is survived by his wife and children Natasya Alexandra Litaay, Adventya Zamyra Litaay and Thomas Mandela Demokrasio Litaay. (dmr)
You might also like :
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace