Bank Indonesia releases new notes, coins
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia released on Monday seven new banknotes and four coins bearing the pictures of 12 national heroes.
The launch of the new notes and coins was attended by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and Bank Indonesia governor Agus Martowardojo in Jakarta, Antara news agency reported.
The new notes are the Rp100,000, Rp50,000, Rp20,000, Rp10,000, Rp5,000, Rp2,000 and Rp1,000, while the new coins are Rp1,000, Rp500, Rp200, and Rp100.
Indonesia's founding fathers, Soekarno and Mohammad Hatta, will be featured on the Rp100,000 note, while Djuanda Kartawidjaja and Sam Ratulangi are on the Rp50,000 and Rp20,000 notes, respectively.
Other national heroes featured are Frans Kaisepo, Idham Chalid, Mohammad Hoesni Thamrin, Tjut Meutia, I Gusti Ketut Pudja, TB Simatupang, Tjiptomangunkusumo and Herman Johannes. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur