Bank Indonesia releases new notes, coins
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia released on Monday seven new banknotes and four coins bearing the pictures of 12 national heroes.
The launch of the new notes and coins was attended by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and Bank Indonesia governor Agus Martowardojo in Jakarta, Antara news agency reported.
The new notes are the Rp100,000, Rp50,000, Rp20,000, Rp10,000, Rp5,000, Rp2,000 and Rp1,000, while the new coins are Rp1,000, Rp500, Rp200, and Rp100.
Indonesia's founding fathers, Soekarno and Mohammad Hatta, will be featured on the Rp100,000 note, while Djuanda Kartawidjaja and Sam Ratulangi are on the Rp50,000 and Rp20,000 notes, respectively.
Other national heroes featured are Frans Kaisepo, Idham Chalid, Mohammad Hoesni Thamrin, Tjut Meutia, I Gusti Ketut Pudja, TB Simatupang, Tjiptomangunkusumo and Herman Johannes. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Light cigarettes linked to specific form of lung cancer