Astra Honda Motor to increase big bike sales
The Jakarta Post
Motorcycle market leader Astra Honda Motor aims to sell 400 units of big bikes this year.
Marketing director Thomas Wijaya said the manufacturer would reach its target by aggressively launching a new model in the 500-cc class. Currently out of nine big bike models, five are in the 500-cc class.
"The 500-cc class contributed 50 percent of our big bike sales last year, for Indonesians, the size is the most suitable even for daily usage," he said during the launch of the CMX500 Rebel in Jakarta on Friday.
The company will also open a new big bike dealership in Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan, in April. Currently, there are nine Honda big bike dealerships; two of them based in Jakarta, and the others in Medan, North Sumatra; Bandung, West Java; Semarang, Central Java; Yogyakarta; Denpasar, Bali; and Makassar, South Sulawesi.
"As of March, we already sold 30 units of the big bikes, the number is small, but we believe the market will increase," he added.
Currently, most of the big bikes are imported from Thailand and Thomas did not specifically mention when the big bikes could be manufactured in Indonesia. (dan)
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Melinda Gates praises Indonesia’s e-money aid programs
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Chicken price drops due to oversupply
- Police fire tear gas on Muslims protesting church in Bekasi