Soap boss to bring cinemas to rural areas
Viriya P. Singgih
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Movie exhibitor PT MVP Indonesia, owned by Indonesian soap opera baron Raam Punjabi, has decided to stand out from the crowd by establishing cinemas this year in small rural areas where they will face zero competition from big players.MVP, formerly known as PT Tripar Multivision Plus and famous for producing tear-jerking soap operas, plans to open five new cinemas with a total of 35 screens by yea...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit