Soap boss to bring cinemas to rural areas
Viriya P. Singgih
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Movie exhibitor PT MVP Indonesia, owned by Indonesian soap opera baron Raam Punjabi, has decided to stand out from the crowd by establishing cinemas this year in small rural areas where they will face zero competition from big players.MVP, formerly known as PT Tripar Multivision Plus and famous for producing tear-jerking soap operas, plans to open five new cinemas with a total of 35 screens by yea...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats