Jakartans reluctant to join in ‘siskamling’
The Jakarta Post
Despite security threats shrouding the city over the past few months, residents are still reluctant to join in neighborhood watch systems, locally known as siskamling.
Citing busy working hours during weekdays, they would rather hand over the matter to hired professionals or local administrations.
Cati Nugraha Bilanguna, 26, who lives in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, said he was no...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open