Jakartans reluctant to join in ‘siskamling’
The Jakarta Post
Despite security threats shrouding the city over the past few months, residents are still reluctant to join in neighborhood watch systems, locally known as siskamling.
Citing busy working hours during weekdays, they would rather hand over the matter to hired professionals or local administrations.
Cati Nugraha Bilanguna, 26, who lives in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, said he was no...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash