Jakartans reluctant to join in ‘siskamling’
The Jakarta Post
Despite security threats shrouding the city over the past few months, residents are still reluctant to join in neighborhood watch systems, locally known as siskamling.
Citing busy working hours during weekdays, they would rather hand over the matter to hired professionals or local administrations.
Cati Nugraha Bilanguna, 26, who lives in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, said he was no...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion