Nahdlatul Ulama banks on soccer to promote peace
The Jakarta Post
From helping rebuild the fragmented society in post-Yugoslavia Bosnia-Herzegovina to ending a civil war in the Ivory Coast, soccer has played important roles in bringing peace to the world and is arguably considered the most effective, universally accepted means to help eradicate hatred among people.
It was also apparent in Indonesia, home to hundreds of millions of soccer aficionados, whe...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Grab, Paytren sign business deal
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya says he has been 'suffering from diarrhea' during hearing