Nahdlatul Ulama banks on soccer to promote peace
The Jakarta Post
From helping rebuild the fragmented society in post-Yugoslavia Bosnia-Herzegovina to ending a civil war in the Ivory Coast, soccer has played important roles in bringing peace to the world and is arguably considered the most effective, universally accepted means to help eradicate hatred among people.
It was also apparent in Indonesia, home to hundreds of millions of soccer aficionados, whe...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash