Nahdlatul Ulama banks on soccer to promote peace
The Jakarta Post
From helping rebuild the fragmented society in post-Yugoslavia Bosnia-Herzegovina to ending a civil war in the Ivory Coast, soccer has played important roles in bringing peace to the world and is arguably considered the most effective, universally accepted means to help eradicate hatred among people.
It was also apparent in Indonesia, home to hundreds of millions of soccer aficionados, whe...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion