Parents of another bullied student file report to police
The Jakarta Post
Tanah Abang Police have received a report from the parents of a junior high school student who fell victim to bullying. The bullies were recorded in the act with the video going viral on social media on Sunday.
Comr. Mustakim, head of Tanah Abang Police criminal unit, confirmed on Monday that the female student was bullied on floor 3A of Thamrin City mall in Central Jakarta at 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
The video showed two students – a boy and a girl – slapping the victim in the head and demanding her to kiss their feet. Other teenagers watching on recorded the incident.
“It all began when the victim became embroiled in a verbal altercation with the female perpetrator. The next day, the victim was intercepted near their school and told to go to Thamrin City. Several students were waiting for her at the mall and began harassing her,” Mustakim said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
A number of video recordings of bullying incidents have emerged on social media lately, with the latest showing harassment of an autistic student at Gunadarma University in Depok, West Java. (wnd)
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Myanmar makes record drug bust with 30 million meth pills
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Bali welcomes more South Korean tourists in 2017
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Chicken traders to go on strike in Bandung as price increases
- Health certificate to be compulsory for couples getting married