Parents of another bullied student file report to police
The Jakarta Post
Tanah Abang Police have received a report from the parents of a junior high school student who fell victim to bullying. The bullies were recorded in the act with the video going viral on social media on Sunday.
Comr. Mustakim, head of Tanah Abang Police criminal unit, confirmed on Monday that the female student was bullied on floor 3A of Thamrin City mall in Central Jakarta at 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
The video showed two students – a boy and a girl – slapping the victim in the head and demanding her to kiss their feet. Other teenagers watching on recorded the incident.
“It all began when the victim became embroiled in a verbal altercation with the female perpetrator. The next day, the victim was intercepted near their school and told to go to Thamrin City. Several students were waiting for her at the mall and began harassing her,” Mustakim said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
A number of video recordings of bullying incidents have emerged on social media lately, with the latest showing harassment of an autistic student at Gunadarma University in Depok, West Java. (wnd)
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Options prepared to reform Batam management
- Japan joins feasibility study for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Govt