Unqualified preachers on TV criticized
The Jakarta Post
The success of television programs depends on their viewership ratings, and in Indonesia, the world’s largest Muslim-majority country where 85 percent of the 257.9 million population is Muslim, any show associated with the religion will undoubtedly be among the top-rated.
It is, therefore, natural to see TV stations running Islam-related programs due to their large audiences. Yet, despite...
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- MRT, LRT projects cause floods in Jakarta: Anies
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building