Unqualified preachers on TV criticized
The Jakarta Post
The success of television programs depends on their viewership ratings, and in Indonesia, the world’s largest Muslim-majority country where 85 percent of the 257.9 million population is Muslim, any show associated with the religion will undoubtedly be among the top-rated.
It is, therefore, natural to see TV stations running Islam-related programs due to their large audiences. Yet, despite...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money