Unqualified preachers on TV criticized
The Jakarta Post
The success of television programs depends on their viewership ratings, and in Indonesia, the world’s largest Muslim-majority country where 85 percent of the 257.9 million population is Muslim, any show associated with the religion will undoubtedly be among the top-rated.
It is, therefore, natural to see TV stations running Islam-related programs due to their large audiences. Yet, despite...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Indonesian exchange student allegedly raped in Netherlands
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Man arrested for 'insulting' Batak people on social media
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy