Transjakarta to review passengers’ complaints, promises better service
The Jakarta Post
PT Transjakarta has promised to address a long list of passenger complaints in order to improve its service in the future.
During the belated celebration of National Customer Day on Thursday, the management of PT Transjakarta directly dealt with passengers at the bus stops and inside the buses to hear about their complaints.
Transjakarta director Budi Kaliwono stood in as a bus stop attendant, operational director Daud Joseph as an onboard attendant, finance and general director Widi Widananto as a cashier and technical and facility director Wijanarko as a bus driver.
Budi said a lot of passengers had complained about severe traffic congestion in the afternoon.
“We explained to them about the challenges we faced,” Budi said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
Currently, the chronic traffic congestion was a result of the ongoing construction of over- and underpasses, Budi said.
However, Transjakarta and the Jakarta Transportation Agency have tried to ease the congestion, for instance, by diverting traffic and arranging contraflows, Budi said.
Apart from that, passengers complained about dirty bus stops and broken automatic doors.
Passengers also bemoaned inoperative information display screens at some bus stops, which hindered them in monitoring the arrival times of buses.
Budi said Transjakarta would review such complaints to improve its service.
“We hope that this [monitoring] can be a new inspiration for Transjakarta employees to serve their passengers better and more seriously,” Budi said. (cal)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam