Trade Expo Indonesia 2017 kicks off at new, bigger ICE
The Jakarta Post
The Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI) 2017 has ditched its former home at North Jakarta's JIExpo Kemayoran for a new and larger venue – BSD's 15,000-square-meter Indonesia Convention Exhibition, or ICE – kicking off on Wednesday and set to run through Oct. 15.
About 4,500 buyers from 79 countries are registered to participate in the 32nd edition of the biggest trade expo of Indonesian goods and services, organized by the Trade Ministry and involving more than 1,100 exporters from across the nation.
"This time, the expo’s theme is Global Partner for Sustainable Resources [...]," said Trade Minister Enggartiasto Lukita in his opening speech, adding that the products were manufactured according to environment and social standards as required by the global market.Read also: Buyers from 65 countries to attend Indonesia’s biggest trade expo
The expo features seven pavilions showcasing furniture, fashion, craft and creative products, food and beverages, and other "made in Indonesia" goods.
As reported earlier, this year's expo is targeting US$1.1 billion in transactions, a 7.8 percent increase on last year's achievement of $1.02 billion.
President Joko Widodo attended the event's opening on Oct. 11.
Previous editions of the TEI were usually held at the 9,500-square-meter JIExpo Kemayoran, which saw the participation of 1,066 exporters last year. (bbn)
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire