Tito plays safe in weapons controversy
Margareth S. Aritonang and Moses Ompusunggu
The Jakarta Post
National Police Chief Gen. Tito Karnavian has opted to “maintain the good ties between the police and the Indonesian Military” (TNI), and not spill the beans during a hearing with the House of Representatives’ Commission III overseeing legal affairs.
Speaking in public for the first time after a weapons fiasco that turned military-police relations sour, Tito repeatedly emphasized that...
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos