US accounts of 1965 may not be accurate: RI
Marguerite Afra Sapiie, Indra Budiari and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Indonesian government is taking with a grain of salt archival United States government accounts of what happened during the last days of former president Sukarno when the Indonesian Army launched a campaign to purge thousands of members of the now-defunct Indonesian Communist Party (PKI). A trove of US government files containing diplomatic dispatches from its embassy in Jakarta on the 1965...
You might also like :
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Medan police officer imprisoned for shredding Quran
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- New Zealand PM makes UN history with first baby
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world