MRT Jakarta focuses on constructing stations, depot
The Jakarta Post
PT MRT Jakarta is currently shifting its focus to the construction of Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train stations and a depot after it completes the project's line construction.
On Tuesday, the last installation of the box girder on Jl. TB Simatupang in South Jakarta marked the completion of the MRT's elevated line section connecting the Lebak Bulus and Pemuda monument stations in Senayan.
"With the installation, the construction of both elevated and underground line sections have been completed," MRT Jakarta president director Willy Sabandar said.
Willy added that the land dispute at the Haji Nawi station on Jl. Fatmawati in South Jakarta had been sorted out with two owners who agreed to hand over their land despite an ongoing legal process.
"The Haji Nawi station doesn’t have any more obstacles. Their land are significant for [the continuation of] the construction work," Willy said.
He admitted that some land disputes remain unresolved, but most of the plots are designated for supporting facilities, such as parking areas and the ongoing negotiation would not hamper the project.Read also: MRT Jakarta upbeat about timeline despite land dispute
The construction of the MRT project has long been delayed because it is in dispute with six land owners near the Haji Nawi station who are demanding more money. (yon/dmr)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says