Govt steps up efforts to contain pollution
Anton Hermansyah and Arya Dipa
The Jakarta Post
Water from the Citarum River in West Java supports the province’s economy and its people, but pollutants from various sources are threatening the clean water supply for residents in West Java and Jakarta.
Runoff from agricultural fields, animal husbandry farms, households and factories pollutes Citarum River on a daily basis, leading to higher levels of cadmium, lead and mercury in the wa...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens