Panic grips Balikpapan following oil spill, fire impact
The Jakarta Post
Polluted beach: Oil is seen floating in the Makassar Strait from Kemala Beach in Klandasan, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Sunday. (JP/Courtesy of @balikpapanku (Kota Balikpapan (Cyber City))The pungent smell of fuel is thick in the air around Balikpapan Bay in East Kalimantan following an oil spill in the sea, leading to a fire that claimed two lives on Saturday.
Residents living in North...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Beijing says 32 Chinese tourists killed in North Korea bus crash
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki