Jokowi, Iriana welcome their second grandchild
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and First Lady Iriana welcome their second grandchild, born at YPK Mandiri Hospital in Jakarta on Wednesday morning.
"Alhamdulillah, at 5:50 a.m. Bobby and Kahiyang’s child was born,” Jokowi said in a statement from the presidential press bureau.
Kahiyang Ayu, Jokowi’s second child, gave birth to a daughter, weighing 3.4 kilograms and 49 cm long.
“Kahiyang gave birth by Caesarean section,” Bobby, Kahiyang’s husband said. Bobby’s mother, Ade Hanifah Siregar, was also in the hospital to greet her granddaughter.
Bobby said he and Kahiyang had not chosen a name for their first child.
Kahiyang married Bobby on Nov. 8, 2017 in Surakarta, Central Java.
The President now has two grandchildren, the first one was a boy, Jan Ethes Srinarendra, from his eldest son Gibran Rakabuming and Selvi Ananda. Jan was born on March 10, 2016. (hol)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky