Lenang Indah, viral tourist destination in West Nusa Tenggara
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is blessed with a plethora of beautiful destinations spread across the archipelago. Thanks to the rise of social media, places that were once hidden gems are gaining popularity and attracting visitors.
The latest destination to be trending on social media is Lenang Indah, a field located in Lantung district, Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara.
Read also: Komodo National Park featured in documentary
Formerly known as Lutuk Kebo Kerong or Lutuk Kuang Rea, Lenang Indah was once a cattle farm for buffaloes, horses and cows. Due to the popularity of Indian movies among the people of Lantung, residents later changed the name to Lenang India because it resembles the typical location for dancing-and-singing scenes often seen in Bollywood films.
The destination is set to host the Kampung Syahdu Festival in September as part of the Samawa Cultural Festival in Lantung slated for Sept. 24 to 27. (kes)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Aceh International Halal Food Festival 2017 to focus on certification
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day