Lenang Indah, viral tourist destination in West Nusa Tenggara
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is blessed with a plethora of beautiful destinations spread across the archipelago. Thanks to the rise of social media, places that were once hidden gems are gaining popularity and attracting visitors.
The latest destination to be trending on social media is Lenang Indah, a field located in Lantung district, Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara.
Read also: Komodo National Park featured in documentary
Formerly known as Lutuk Kebo Kerong or Lutuk Kuang Rea, Lenang Indah was once a cattle farm for buffaloes, horses and cows. Due to the popularity of Indian movies among the people of Lantung, residents later changed the name to Lenang India because it resembles the typical location for dancing-and-singing scenes often seen in Bollywood films.
The destination is set to host the Kampung Syahdu Festival in September as part of the Samawa Cultural Festival in Lantung slated for Sept. 24 to 27. (kes)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash