Lenang Indah, viral tourist destination in West Nusa Tenggara
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is blessed with a plethora of beautiful destinations spread across the archipelago. Thanks to the rise of social media, places that were once hidden gems are gaining popularity and attracting visitors.
The latest destination to be trending on social media is Lenang Indah, a field located in Lantung district, Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara.
Read also: Komodo National Park featured in documentary
Formerly known as Lutuk Kebo Kerong or Lutuk Kuang Rea, Lenang Indah was once a cattle farm for buffaloes, horses and cows. Due to the popularity of Indian movies among the people of Lantung, residents later changed the name to Lenang India because it resembles the typical location for dancing-and-singing scenes often seen in Bollywood films.
The destination is set to host the Kampung Syahdu Festival in September as part of the Samawa Cultural Festival in Lantung slated for Sept. 24 to 27. (kes)
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- Banyumas hospital severely damaged after quake
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president