New resort opens in Banyuwangi
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya recently traveled to Banyuwangi in East Java on Nov. 11 to officiate the opening of Sahid Osing Resort Kemiran Banyuwangi.
“To survive the competition, homestays should opt for the sharing economy approach. Sahid Osing should also be ready for digital revolution that is bound to happen,” told Arief.
“Banyuwangi tourism will improve and will be bigger if Banyuwangi Airport [Blimbingsari Airport] becomes an international airport. Hopefully it can be accomplished by October next year,” Arief added.
Sahid Hotels and Resorts president director Hariyadi Sukamdani said the resort is a partnership project with Banyuwangi regional administration that serves as the owner of the place.
Read also: Ten must-visit places in Banyuwangi
Sahid Osing Kemiren Banyuwangi is a modern resort that emphasizes on local culture.
The place boasts a total area of 7,600 square meters and has 10 villas and 16 rooms located in Kemiren Tourist Village.
“We offer the Osing Tribe – the indigenous people of Banyuwangi – experience in this place,” told Hariyadi.
Banyuwangi Regent Abdullah Azwar Anas said the compound is owned by the regional administration and was built using APBD (regional budget). The management however, is run by a third party, which is the Sahid Hotels and Resorts.
Kemiren Village is an Osing Tribe traditional village that has been developed into one of the leading tourist attractions in Banyuwangi. Apart from its unique culture, Kemiren also hosts several festivals such as Ngopi Sepuluh Ewu Festival and Tumpeng Sewu Festival. (kes)
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks