Two female Bandung students to conquer Mount Everest
The Jakarta Post
Two Indonesian female students are set to hoist the national flag Merah Putih at the tallest point in the world, the peak of Mount Everest.
Fransiska Dimitri Inkiriwang, 24, and Mathilda Dwi Lestari, also 24, both members of the Women of Indonesia’s Seven Summits Expedition Mahitala Universitas Katolik Parahyangan (WISSEMU), reportedly began their journey on Thursday.
Mt. Everest will become the last mountain peak of their series of missions to hoist the national flag on the tallest mountain on each of the seven continents.
Tomorrow we’re going to Everest! We can’t believe that finally our dreams come true. Don’t forget to come to the press conference on Thursday at Istana Negara Jakarta, confirm your attendance in the link https://goo.gl/forms/w5ILahR9jR533gBB3 . We still need more support from all the circles of society, visit www.kitabisa.com/puncakke7 (link on bio) Any kind of support will make us one step closer to the 7th summit. Thank you! • #wissemugoestoeverest #wesupportwissemu #Mahitala #women #pendakiwanita #7summits #pendakicantik #mountaineer #everest #Indonesia #unpar #PakJokowi #pendakigunung #expedetion #7summitsindonesia #pencintalam #ina7summits #wissemu #instapendaki #girlswhoclimb #adventure #mountaineering
Stretching within the Himalayan mountain range, Everest is the tallest point on Earth. At 8,848 meters above sea level, its height is almost as piling two Mt. Carstensz, the tallest mountain in Indonesia, on top of one another.
Both Fransiska and Mathilda have previously reached the six highest mountain peaks in other parts of the world, namely Mt. Carstensz Pyramid (4,884 m above sea level), Mt. Elbrus (5,642 m), Mt. Kilimanjaro (5,895 m), Mt. Aconcagua (6,962 m), Mt. Vinson Massif (4,892 m) and Mt. Denali (6,190 m) in the past four years.
"After all these experiences that we had in the past four years of the expedition, we feel that we are quite ready to conduct this last expedition," said Mathilda in a statement on Thursday as quoted by Antara. (kes)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says