The Jakarta Post
State-owned consortium PT PIlar Sinergi BUMN Indonesia (PSBI) has proposed a change of location for the Jakarta-Bandung high-speed train project to the West Java provincial administration.
“The change is related to about 1,000 plots of land, which have not been acquired,” said West Java provincial administration secretary Iwa Karniwa in Bandung on Thursday.
Iwa said representatives of the administration had met PSBI president director Natal Argawan Pardede to discuss the acceleration of the land acquisition.
The PSBI reported that from about 5,000 plots of land affected by the project, about 2,500 plots of land had been acquired and 1,200 plots of land are in the consignment process, the official added.
“What should be supported by the provincial administration and other local administrations, whose territories the project passes, as well as by the National Land Agency (BPN), is 1,000 plots of land [which had not been acquired],” said.
“We want the project to be implemented based on the regulation. Therefore, we need to issue the document for the change of location.”
Iwa said the PSBI claimed that the change of location would not affect the project construction, whose groundbreaking ceremony was held in January, 2016.
Iwa said the administration would assign officers to carry out data updates from the fields with the hope that the document could be completed soon.
“The target of land acquisition completion is July or August,” he said, adding that the administration would communicate with the BPN for the land acquisition process. (bbn)