TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Anies joins hands with ministries to upgrade city transportation

  • The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Tue, January 14 2020   /  01:19 am
Anies Baswedan (JP/Rafaela Chandra)(JP/Rafaela Chandra)

Anies Baswedan (JP/Rafaela Chandra)The Jakarta administration is working with the State-Owned Enterprises Ministry and the Transportation Ministry to integrate all modes of transportation across the city, including routes and payment systems, to help ease customers’ journeys.It is hoped that an improvement in facilities will attract more passengers with commuters in Greater Jakarta shifting from private vehicles to public transportation and, thus, reducing road traffic.For that purpose, the city administration and the ministries have set up a joint venture named PT Moda Integrasi Transportasi Jabodetabek.Mass rapid transit (MRT) operator PT MRT Jakarta, 99 percent owned by the Jakarta administration, will have a 51 percent stake in the joint venture with the remaining 49 percent being held by state-owned railway operator PT KAI.Directors of both operators signed the agreement on Friday...