TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Around 100 busted in raid on West Jakarta discotheque

  • News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Sat, July 4, 2020   /   08:27 am
Around 100 busted in raid on West Jakarta discotheque Illustration of a discotheque (Shutterstock/View Apart)

Authorities busted around 100 people during a raid on Top One Discotheque in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, in the early hours of Friday morning.

Ivan, the head of entertainment and recreation monitoring at Jakarta Tourism and Creative Economy Agency, said the people found on the premises included patrons, hostesses and sex workers. 

He said the raid was conducted following a report from locals. Authorities followed up the report and found that the discotheque was operating from 12 p.m to 1 a.m despite the large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) imposed in the capital.

Read also: New normal: Why people act as if the pandemic is over

“We had been monitoring the premises since last night and went inside to check,” Ivan said,a s quoted by kompas.com.

As punishment, the discotheque patrons will have to serve community service, as stipulated in Jakarta Gubernatorial Regulation No. 53/2020 on PSBB violations.

On Wednesday, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan announced that the capital was extending the transitional COVID-19 restrictions for 14 days, as well as tightening supervision of traditional markets and train services. (dpk)